Chief Executive Officer
Atlantic Canada - Remote/Hybrid
CU Financial Management is actively seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to join our team as Chief Executive Officer.
At CU Financial Management, we are committed to delivering exceptional financial planning services that empower individuals, families, and businesses to achieve their financial goals. As industry leaders, we leverage cutting-edge technology to provide comprehensive financial planning solutions to clients across the region. Our dedication to client success and financial planning excellence sets us apart, and we take pride in the impact we make on our clients’ financial well-being. We’re invested in Atlantic Canada. We live here, we work here, and we know that what when our clients are successful, our communities thrive.
In 2020, a group of innovative Atlantic Canadian credit unions came together to ensure their members had access to top-tier financial advice. They brought together professional advisors from across the region to build an organization grounded in the values that their members know and trust. Today, CU Financial Management supports members and non-members, providing expert advice across our four provinces.
We are proud to be recognized by Atlantic Business Magazine as one of Atlantic Canada’s Best Places to Work in 2024!
Check out our story: cufm.ca/about-us
Reporting to the Board of Directors, you will drive our strategic direction, oversee financial stability, and lead a team in Atlantic Canada towards achieving growth and profitability. Your role involves championing a diverse culture, building strong client and stakeholder relationships, and leveraging your deep understanding of the wealth management industry. This position is pivotal in guiding our company to continued success and innovation. You will:
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to achieve the company’s objectives, growth targets, and initiatives.
- Lead a team of Financial Advisors and Coordinators in Atlantic Canada.
- Provide coaching, guidance, and support in building wealth business, strong client relationships, and referral plans.
- Develop and recommend the annual budget and business plan.
- Present financial and operational progress reports and analysis to the Board of Directors and ensure sales targets and profitability are achieved.
- Oversee the adequacy and soundness of the company’s financial structure and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Represent the organization with clients, credit unions, regulatory agencies, trade associations, community and civic organizations, the financial community, and the public.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Successfully completed a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business, Finance or Commerce plus have six to nine years in a sales or leadership role in the wealth management industry; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Certified Financial Planner designation would be considered an asset.
- Industry knowledge of MFDA, IIROC and insurance platforms.
- Proven experience in driving, leading, and managing organizational change.
- Strong ability in building and managing multiple stakeholder relationships through trust and credibility.
- Advanced understanding of financial planning concepts and sales coaching.
- Ability to travel as required.
What we offer
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote and hybrid options.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefits package including Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and 5% employer contribution in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan and up to 2% contribution with employer match in the Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Additional employee perks include but are not limited to wellness credit, reduced rates on banking products through our Credit Union partners, and paid volunteer time.
At CU Financial Management, we embody a set of core values: Ethics, Responsibility, Trust, Community, Expertise, and Empathy. We are not just looking for qualifications but also for individuals who share and demonstrate these values.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting leadership opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete position profile is available upon request.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of a satisfactory criminal record check and a credit check.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.