The application process is closed for 2023. See you in 2024!
CU Financial Management Bursary Program
At CU Financial Management, our mission is to strengthen our communities with responsible and innovative financial advice.
We believe it’s important to give emerging leaders a helping hand and are proud to offer four $1,250 CU Financial Management bursaries for post-secondary students in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador.
You’re eligible if you are:
- A domestic or international student enrolled full-time in an accredited post-secondary program in September 2023 (first-year students and returning students may apply)
- Enrolled in a business, accounting, finance or related program.
- A resident of one of the Atlantic Provinces at the time of application (but can be attending school out-of-province in the fall)
- Not a close relative of any member of the CU Financial Management team
- There are no age restrictions on this bursary — recent grads and mature students are welcome to apply.
- Supporting documentation will be required to provide proof of enrollment.
- Applications are being accepted until July 21, 2023, 11:59 PM ADT
- You must provide a personal statement (maximum 300 words) that speaks to how you demonstrate leadership, teamwork, growth and community
- You must submit supporting documentation that provides proof of full-time enrollment in a post-secondary institution (including university, college or accredited specialty programs)
- Successful applicants must agree to provide:
- A high-resolution photo for use in our social media channels
- Social Insurance Number for tax purposes (confidentially)
The successful applicant will:
- Meet all criteria outlined in the eligibility section
- Complete all elements outlined in the application requirements
- Submit a compelling personal statement and demonstrate a commitment to leadership, teamwork, growth and community
- Priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need
Aligning with our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, we welcome and strongly encourage individuals from equity-deserving communities to apply.
The CU Financial Management team reserves the right to award this bursary at its sole discretion. Based on the evaluation by the CU Financial Management team, applicants who best meet the criteria above will be selected as winners. Only successful applicants will be contacted.